Welcome to Galway Radio Club!
Look for us on
Our next club meeting is on Monday 3rd October 2016 at 8.00pm in Menlo Park Hotel.
Our 2 metre repeater has been repaired and is now back on air.
Our 70cms repeater is still being repaired.
Galway Radio Experimenters Club will be running classes, (subject to sufficient numbers being interested), to prepare candidates who are interested in sitting the Amateur Radio exam.
The course will be held in Mervue Industrial Estate, times and dates to be confirmed. It will cover theory and licence conditions. Classes will be followed by practical use of the club station and demonstrations on operating modes and of computer logging and interfacing.It also includes comprehensive material on CD ROM. If you wish to study just from the CD ROM then members of the club are available to assist your study.
Anyone interested please contact 086-3031162 or reply through our “contact us” page above.
Latest blog posts:
- 30-05-2014: Lighthouse on the Air by admin
- 09-07-2013: VOA and BBC cutbacks by ei8ih
- 04-07-2013: BBC Radio 4 "History of Radio" by ei8ih
- 08-03-2013: Echo Ireland article of Volvo Ocean Race by admin
- 10-02-2013: Events Calendar by admin
- 15-12-2012: Digital text via analog shortwave by ei8ih
- 01-12-2012: Practical Wireless issues online by ei8ih
- 31-10-2012: Part of the BBC at 90 series: by ei8ih
- 04-09-2012: Solar activity. by ei8ih
- 03-09-2012: Radio 4 Sealand documentary by ei8ih